Close Menu
USA JournalUSA Journal
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GOVERNMENT
  • COURT
  • CONGRESS

U.S. Air Force To Provide Military Funeral Honors for Ashli Babbitt

Trump Removes Secret Service Protection For Kamala Harris After Discovery

Ilhan Omar Takes Heat Over Facial Expression At Site Of Catholic School Shooting

Facebook X (Twitter)
USA JournalUSA Journal
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GOVERNMENT
  • COURT
  • CONGRESS
USA JournalUSA Journal
Home»GOVERNMENT»Trump Removes Secret Service Protection For Kamala Harris After Discovery

Trump Removes Secret Service Protection For Kamala Harris After Discovery

By Jack DavisAugust 29, 2025 GOVERNMENT
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link

President Donald Trump has revoked Secret Service protection for former Vice President Kamala Harris, a senior adviser to Harris told NBC News on Friday. A White House official confirmed the move, noting that former vice presidents are typically entitled to six months of protection after leaving office.

While a 2008 law authorizes that limit, a Secret Service official told NBC that President Joe Biden had quietly signed an executive memorandum in January extending Harris’s protection to 18 months. “The Vice President is grateful to the United States Secret Service for their professionalism, dedication, and unwavering commitment to safety,” the Harris adviser said.

Earlier this year, Trump ended Secret Service protection for President Biden’s adult children, Hunter and Ashley. By law, former presidents and their spouses receive lifetime protection unless they decline it, while protection for their children extends only until age 16.

A record number of applicants are seeking jobs in federal law enforcement and border security under the Trump administration, as recruitment for the U.S. military soars as well under President Donald Trump.

According to The Center Square, U.S. Border Patrol received 34,650 applications during the first four months of the administration—a 44% increase compared to the same period in 2024. Under Border Patrol Chief Mike Banks, Texas’ first border czar, the first quarter of 2025 is being hailed as “the most successful four-month recruitment stretch in the agency’s history.”

The Trump administration is seeing a significant surge in applications to join the United States Secret Service (USSS). “From January 20, 2025, to May 1, 2025, the USSS received over 22,000 applications,” the Department of Homeland Security reported—a 200% increase compared to the same period last year, when just 7,000 people applied.

The spike is attributed in part to the administration’s decision to eliminate DEI hiring practices and related policies, according to DHS.

Should Illegal Immigrants be Deported?*
This poll subscribes you to our free newsletter. Unsubscribe any time.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.




RSS Breaking News and Politics
  • U.S. Air Force To Provide Military Funeral Honors for Ashli Babbitt
  • Trump Removes Secret Service Protection For Kamala Harris After Discovery
  • Ilhan Omar Takes Heat Over Facial Expression At Site Of Catholic School Shooting
  • Mother Of Minneapolis Catholic School Shooter Won’t Cooperate With Police
  • Contact
  • About
  • Privacy
  • Terms of Use
  • Cookie Policy
  • News & Politics
  • Sitemap
News and Politics
Trending News Videos
Conservative Hollywood Blog
© 2025 USA Journal.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

pixel