Close Menu
USA JournalUSA Journal
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GOVERNMENT
  • COURT
  • CONGRESS

Chilling: Another Afghan National Arrested Within 24 Hours of Attack On Guard Troops In DC

WOW: Lefty Media Host Actually Defends Trump Against ‘Fatigue’ Story

Another Day, Another Fake News Story From the Washington Post About Trump’s Attacks On Drug Boats

Facebook X (Twitter)
USA JournalUSA Journal
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GOVERNMENT
  • COURT
  • CONGRESS
USA JournalUSA Journal
Home»POLITICS»Pence On Running For President Again: ‘Don’t See That In My Future’

Pence On Running For President Again: ‘Don’t See That In My Future’

By Jonathan DavisMay 18, 2025Updated:May 18, 2025 POLITICS
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link

Former Vice President Mike Pence said in an interview aired Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that he does not expect to mount a major political comeback and is unlikely to run for the White House again.

“I don’t see that in my future,” the former Indiana governor told NBC’s Kristen Welker. “I don’t see it, but we’ll keep standing for everything we’ve always stood for, and we’ll let the future take care of itself.”

Pence, 65, said he hopes to remain involved in shaping conservative policy, though he did not specify what form that involvement might take. He founded the conservative think tank Advancing American Freedom in 2021 and pursued the GOP presidential nomination last year, but struggled to gain traction with voters.

“I want to be a voice for conservative values. I want to be a voice for the policies and liberties enshrined in the Constitution of the United States,” Pence told Welker. ” I want to be a champion of the conservative cause, and that’s where I’ll stay focused, and we’ll let the future take care of itself.”

“We were different men, different personalities, but we developed a kind of relationship where President Trump was not just my president — he was my friend,” Pence told Welker, reflecting back on the prior Trump administration.

“I couldn’t be more proud of the record of the Trump-Pence administration. I mean, it didn’t end the way I wanted it to, but what we were able to do to rebuild our military, to revive our economy, to appoint conservatives to our courts that gave us a new beginning for the right to life and upheld religious liberty and all are going to be a source of great satisfaction for the rest of my life,” he added.

He declined to speculate on who should succeed Trump as the future leader of the GOP. Trump recently mentioned Vice President JD Vance and Secretary of State Marco Rubio as possible torchbearers.

“We have a very deep bench on the Republican side, which is a little bit different than the Democratic Party these days,” Pence said. “We’ve got a lot of great men and women, and for my part, my goal is to make sure that whoever leads our party in the future, that’s someone who embraces that broad, mainstream conservative agenda that’s always made America strong and prosperous and free.”

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Should Illegal Immigrants be Deported?*
This poll subscribes you to our free newsletter. Unsubscribe any time.


Get USA JOURNAL by email:
Powered by follow.it




RSS Breaking News and Politics
  • Chilling: Another Afghan National Arrested Within 24 Hours of Attack On Guard Troops In DC
  • WOW: Lefty Media Host Actually Defends Trump Against ‘Fatigue’ Story
  • Another Day, Another Fake News Story From the Washington Post About Trump’s Attacks On Drug Boats
  • Fed-Up Trump Roasts Reporter’s Incredibly ‘Stupid’ Question After Guard Members Shot
  • Contact
  • About
  • Privacy
  • Terms of Use
  • Cookie Policy
  • News & Politics
  • Sitemap
News and Politics
Conservative News
Trending News Videos
Conservative Hollywood Blog
© 2025 USA Journal.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

pixel