Former Fox News host Dan Bongino took time out of his busy day on Monday to take a verbal swipe at uber left-wing wing horror writer Stephen King after the latter tried to gloat over Bongino’s lost of his Fox gig.

As he does every day, Bongino took to his social media platforms to provide an ‘update’ on President Joe Biden’s job approval.

“Today is May 1st, and Joe Biden is the WORST president in US history,” Bongino wrote.

That led King to post: “And you’re out of a job at Fox. Biden still has his.”

Bongino didn’t let that slip and responded by reminding King he’s still extremely successful.

“Yeah dude, working six days a week, doing a top-ten podcast, a nationally syndicated radio show, managing billion dollar tech investments, and finishing off another book made me reevaluate my work schedule,” the former NYPD officer and Secret Service agent tweeted.

He added: “But keep bitching and moaning like a chump on Twitter while we use you for comedy relief in show material. #Dipshit.”

Bongino opened up after he parted ways this week with his former employer.

According to Bongino, there is no animosity or any big conspiracy in play. The two just could not come to contract terms.

“Folks, regretfully, last week was my last show on Fox News on the Fox News Channel,” Bongino said on his podcast Thursday. “It’s tough. It’s tough to say that. You know, I’ve been there doing hits and working there for ten years…so the show ending was tough.

“And I want you to know it’s not some big conspiracy. I promise you. There’s no acrimony. This wasn’t some WWE brawl that happened. We just couldn’t come to terms on an extension,” he added.

Forbes recently reported that Bongino’s departure from Fox Corp. came shortly after the company agreed to pay $787.5 million in a settlement to Dominion Voting Systems.

“We thank Dan for his contributions and wish him success in his future endeavors,” Fox News said in a statement. The network intends to air “Lawrence Jones Cross Country” in place of Bongino’s program Saturday night while filling 10 p.m. with an encore of the weekday 11 p.m. program “Gutfeld!” Fox News plans to unveil a new schedule in the coming weeks, Variety reported.

Bongino said his departure was amicable.

“I really enjoyed myself there, and you know they were good to me for ten years. I mean, they allowed me to do a show called ‘Unfiltered,’ did what we wanted to do over there, and covered the topics we wanted to cover. And it’s a sad day. It’s a sad day,” he said.


Disclaimer: This article may contain commentary which reflects the author’s opinion.